November 4th & 18th, 2023 (two Saturdays)
(9:00am – 5:00pm both days)
Location: 5th Floor Oak Room Holiday Inn – 711 W. Broadway, Vancouver
Presenters: Dr. Carol Flynn & Dr. Julie Cohen
Cost: $675 per couple
(Fee includes a complimentary copy of Sue Johnson’s Hold Me Tight book)
- Tired of misunderstandings in your relationship?
- Feeling less connected than you would like to be?
- Hoping an intensive experience may help you shift old patterns?
This workshop, based on Dr. Sue Johnson’s book Hold Me Tight, can help your relationship to flourish in new ways.
What to Expect at the Workshop?
All participants will be asked to read several chapters from Hold Me Tight prior to attending the workshops.
During the workshop, you will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about common relationship challenges and coping styles through brief and engaging presentations.
- Identify the negative patterns in which you and your partner sometimes get stuck, without blaming each other.
- Develop new ways of interacting with your partner, to move towards greater connection and security.
- Learn from video footage of other couples discussing conflicts and struggles that may be familiar to you.
- Receive support from experienced and caring facilitators.
Who Can Participate?
“Hold Me Tight” workshops are open to couples in which both partners are committed to working on their relationship, regardless of relationship status or duration. We aim to create an environment of inclusion for all participants.
Relationships that include physical or emotional abuse, an active addiction, or in which one or both partners suffer from significant mental health problems are better supported in couple’s therapy.
Please note, if you have any further questions about the workshop, you’re welcome to contact our office and one of the facilitators will be happy to assist you.
Registration closes October 31, 2023 at 5pm PT.
4 November 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
18 November 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm